Wednesday, September 24, 2014

MAKE YOUR OWN NAIL ART STAMPING PLATE + butterfly nail art


How to make your own stamping plates for nail art?!

Back in 2010 when konad and those other stamping sets became really popular on YouTube, I thought; "how cool would it be to make your own stamping plate?". My first thought was to use polymer clay and edge a pattern into it... it might work, have't tried it - the reason why I chose not to do that, is because polymer clay are not the best 'long term friend' for solvent based products such as nail polish and nail polish remover.
I stopped thinking about it for a long time,.. but yesterday, an idea popped in to my head! I tested it out right away and it worked!. In reality it's extremely simple if you have the right materials, and the reason why I haven't had the idea before is definitely due to that reason - in 2010 I didn't have those materials already.

I made a video for my YouTube (SCSnails) showing how to make your own stamping plates from scratch, using stuff that you might already have at home (if not, it's stuff that everyone can get their hands on)   :)

The video will be uploaded on my YouTube later today, and I would appreciate very much, if you'd be kind enough to give it a 'thumb up' and share it. I would love for as many people as possible to see it.
Also, if you do decide to try it out yourself (and make a blog post, video or something similar) please do give me credit and put a link to my video. I might be a simple idea, but I've never seen anyone else do it.




Also, this is my most recent nail design, the tutorial can be found on my YouTube channel;



No comments:

Post a Comment