Sunday, July 20, 2014

Acrylic 3D nail art

Acrylic 3D nail art



I posted this video a little over a week ago on SCSnails. One of the questions I used to get the most on my old nail art channel was, whether or not the acrylic I used for 3D nail designs was the same as acrylic paint - which it's not. The acrylic you can use for the 3D nail art is the same people use to sculpt acrylic nails - a powder and a liquid, which when combined forms a mass that can be molded using a brush.

In this video I go over the different materials you need to get started with acrylic 3D nail art :)
But please keep in mind that if you're planning on sculpting the actual nails, you're going to need additional products such as files/buffers, glue (if you're using nail tips), primer etc.
Also, as I mention in the video (if you're going to sculpt the actual nails), I recommend that you use some quality products from known brands such as NSI, Organic nails, EzFlow or something similar.
The cheap products from ebay work perfectly fine for the 3D pieces, but I personally wouldn't use them to sculpt a set of nails - if I were to ever sculpt a set.


would I recommend trying your hands on 3D nail art, to someone who hasn't yet tried working with it? Definitely! As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been doing nail art since 2009. But I actually didn't start using acrylic until after a few months in to 2010.
You can make so many amazing designs without acrylic, and it's not a necessity in any way.. But, it does give you so may new possibilities.

Only downside is the smell.. In the summer months I prefer sitting outside when using the acrylic, as the smell can stay in a room for a few days, if it's not well ventilated.
But if the weather won't allow it, I'll sit in my craft room right next to an open window - and leave the room as soon as I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment